Coronavirus - Remote Teaching Resources
The University has determined that all Penn State in-person classes take place remotely beginning March 16. In order to teach remotely, we recommend that you integrate Zoom and Kaltura with Canvas for ease of use.
To get started, please review the following resources:
The Dutton Institute has also gathered the information we’ve been sending to this college's email list in once place - See Remote Teaching Resources!
The Dutton Institute learning design team will be holding open office hours and consultation services for any EMS faculty member desiring assistance. Contact Stevie Rocco at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 814.863.1560 if you have questions.
The John A. Dutton e-Education Institute Faculty Development site is full of resources that will help you plan, develop, teach and assess your students, and evaluate your online courses.
- START HERE! Faculty Manual for Online Teaching in EMS
- NEW! EMS Faculty Studio and Do it Yourself Video Recording
- Canvas Resources page
- An Overview of the Online Course Development Process
- Planning Documents and Templates
- Faculty Peer Review of Online Teaching
- Faculty Peer Review of Face-to-Face and Hybrid Courses
- Best Practices and Expectations for Online Teaching
- Faculty Competencies for Online Teaching
- Managing Your Online Course
- Penn State Quality Assurance e-Learning Design Standards
- "Food for Thought" (previously Dutton Brown Bags) Events and Recordings
- Hiring Guidelines