The Canvas Student Activity tool allows faculty to view and print a student's last day of activity in a course.
Activate the Student Activity Tool
The Student Activity tool is not turned on by default; it must first be activated. To do so:
- On the Canvas Dashboard, in the left navigation panel, click the Courses button.
- In the Courses menu that displays, select the name of the course.
- In left course navigation menu, select the Settings link.
- On the Settings screen, select the Navigation tab.
- In the Student Activity row, click the gear icon.
- In the pop-up menu that displays, select Enable.
The Student Activity link will now appear in the left course navigation menu.
Run a Student Activity Report
To run a report using the Student Activity tool:
- In the left course navigation menu, select the Student Activity link.
- From the Student Name pull-down menu, select the student's name.
- Click the Run Report button.
- You can save the report as a PDF by clicking the Save as PDF button.