If you would like to add a page to your class in Canvas that outlines the Computer and Technology resources available to students at Penn State, download this Canvas export file (right-click on the link and "save file as" or "save link as") and save it to your computer. You can also preview the page.
To include this page in your Canvas class, follow the steps below:
Installing the Computer and Technology Resources Page
- Navigate to your course in Canvas.
- Go to Settings.
- Choose Import Course Content.
- For Content Type, choose Canvas Course Export Package.
- Choose the export file you downloaded from this site.
- Choose All Content.
- Choose Import.
By default, this new page will become your "front page" of the Pages section. If you do not want this page to be your "front page," then you'll need to go into Pages and do the following:
- Click the View All Pages button.
- Click the gear next to the page you would like to designate as your "front page."
- Choose "Use as front page" from the dropdown menu.
Adding the Page to the Modules Area
After the file is imported, it will reside in your Pages area. To add this page to a Module in your class,
- Click the Plus sign in the modules area in the place where you want to add the page. If you have no modules listed, you'll need to add one first.
- Choose Content Page as the type.
- Computer and Technology Resources will be listed. Click that page.
- Choose whether or not you want to indent it.
- Choose Add.