Following are the directions for adding Google Analytics to a course as well as some other possible questions that may come up.
Adding Analytics to a Course
Part 1: Add a new profile to Google Analytics
- Go to google.com/analytics
- log in as Dutton (firstname.lastname@example.org, johndutton)
- Click on Admin
- Choose the account you want to add the site to. Once you get more 50 sites in an account you need to add a new account.
- Choose "Create new Property" from the pulldown menu under the "Property" column.
- Scroll to bottom of page and add the course url under "Website Name"
- Under Website URL, change the http:// to https:// and add " https://www.e-education.psu.edu/ "
- Change "Reporting Time Zone" to Eastern time
- Select "Get Tracking ID"
- Copy the tracking ID from the top of the resulting page.
Enter the course you want to add Google Analytics to (the one you just made a new profile for)
- Go to the course
- Log in
- Go to Configuration -> System -> Google Analytics
- Paste the code into the "Web Property ID" box
- Go to Roles and select anonymous user, student and alumni
- Go to Users - select "no customization allowed"
- Go to Privacy - check Universal web tracking opt-out
- Save Configuration
How to give Access to an Individual
How to Track an Individual Page with Google Analytics
Tracking individual pages within a course can be done by using the Users Flow analytics. See Google Analytics Help for more information.